Sales, support, installations and advice for hydrogen equipment and hydrogen skills.
H2Networks provides 3 important functions in the hydrogen sphere.
- Through an equipped and skilled technical workforce, we provide servicing and installation support for hydrogen equipment manufacturers and retailers. We assist with support for green hydrogen production systems, hydrogen storage and end use applications.
- Due to our existing hydrogen knowledge, H2Homes and H2Commercial can provide accurate advice and complete supply and installation services for home hydrogen batteries, commercial hydrogen batteries, fuel cell generation systems and backup power systems.
- Through collaboration and information sharing, we keep hydrogen stakeholders up to date with developments in hydrogen training and regulations related to hydrogen system installations and licensing.
H2Networks began in 2019, as a subcommittee of Master Plumbers ACT, in response to the ACT government’s policy of zero carbon emission by 2045. In 2021 H2Networks was privatised but continued to do its work to promote the development and delivery of training for hydrogen workers across all industries. H2Networks consistently looks for technologies and innovations that will help transition our gas networks to zero emissions without disadvantaging consumers or businesses.
The Director of H2Networks, Robert Edwards is
- A member of the Technical Advisory Committee TAC that developed Australia’s first Vocational Educational Training package for hydrogen work in 2021. This was the UEG training package for upstream of the gas meter hydrogen work, including electrolysis, distribution, blending, pipeline construction, monitoring and control, storage and handling of hydrogen.
- A member of the working group set up to determine the nationally endorsed hydrogen skills requirements in the construction industry. This vocational educational training focuses on downstream of the gas meter work and off networks hydrogen work including end use in combustion and fuel cells.
- Member of the Standards Australia hydrogen committees, ME-093-08 End Use Applications, and ME-093-06 Fuel Cells.
- A member of Energy Skills Queensland Gas Industry Reference Group.
- Hydrogen Training Committee Chair Master Plumbers Australia and New Zealand LTD.
- A licensed plumber, advanced gas fitter with a restricted electrical license (REL) in NSW and the ACT, is trained in fuel cells and electrolysis at the Hydrogenics Hydrogen Academy in Brussels Belgium.
- Owner and operator, installation and servicing of plumbing gas and electrical systems since 1991.